Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life Lately.

It's been a crazy summer. I know you didn't expect less from me. It's chaotic around here and I love it. Seriously.

I can't believe my little man will start Kindergarten next Monday. Crazy to think that my 3 pound 3.5 ounce preemie is a big boy now. Little Miss starts Parent's Day Out next Tuesday. She is a sassy little tomboy who loves dolls and digging in the dirt. 

Cody is currently closing his store down and will move to a new store {an hour away} September 2nd. I'll admit, I'm not the praying type but I have prayed daily that this be a stepping stone for his career. We may not think it's the right choice but hopefully some doors will open and his career will take off. Someone in corporate has my husbands career in their hands. It's the not knowing that is the most difficult part in this whole process.


Then there's me. I haven't been going to Crossfit {I start back next week} and I haven't been working out either. About 2 weeks ago, I started itching again. This time I broke out in hives on my neck and upper back. The itching stayed, so back to the doctor I went. I've been diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder, Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. Basically, I break out in hives and itch and they don't know why. Awesome. I've been prescribed an Epipen, given a handful of anti-histamines, and need to figure out my triggers. So far, I've figured out gluten and heat/sun exposure are the biggest ones. Oh, and they can change. How great is that?! Not. I was tested for other auto-immune disorders but everything came back negative. Thank you sweet baby Jesus! I'm just crazy, which we knew already.

I've read a few blogs and articles that people with CIU have had success eating Paleo. Keeping the grains, soy, dairy, etc out has suppressed the itching and they are able to take their anti-histamines only when needed. I'm will to try anything at this point for my sanity's sake.

What does this mean for my blog?

Well, I'm not 100% sure yet. I've thought about buying different products and reviewing them for y'all. I know how much it sucks to think about spending $8 on brownie mix when you don't even know if it will taste like shit or actually be good. I've also found several gluten free blogs and may try their recipes and let y'all know how it went. I usually see more than 3 ingredients and if it's anything strange {tapioca starch, anyone?} I immediately look for something else. Maybe it's time to branch out though. Maybe I'll find I love like cooking even if it's just a little bit.

I may change my look too. I feel like this blog will be going in a new direction and I need something fresh.

This is all pretty new to me. When I was doing the Whole30, it was because I wanted to. I could've gone back to eating breads and pastas {and I did}. Now, I have to read every label and I have to tell the people at restaurants that it's an allergy, so they can follow their protocol. It's not as fun as it was when I was doing it "just because".

Anyways, I'll be posting here and there. Have a wonderful day!




post signature

2 comments:

Loveandcrayons said...

Ok, that sounds like a giant pain in the ass!! I hope cutting out foods helps, and the hives stay away!! And so glad you tested negative for everything else!!
I'm glad to see you back, even if it isn't all the time!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

It has been a busy summer! I just started back to CFW this week, haha! Sorry to hear about Cody's new store, what a long drive! And your totally right eating a certain way because you want to has way more appeal than doing it because you have to :/