Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Rock. 'Nuff Said.

My eating has been sub-par the last few days and we go to the beach in a week. I could be down on myself and think about how I won't have that smokin' hott bod in my bikini or I could just be happy.

I'm choosing to be happy.

Last summer when we went to the beach, I weighed 164 pounds. I was miserable. My bikini was too small. {Yeah, I totally wore a bikini.} I really didn't let anyone take pictures of me. My mom got a few side shots when I wasn't looking and I have yet to see them. Everyone had family sessions done on the beach {in regular clothes} except our family. I threw a shit-fit the day of the pictures. I have a tendency to act like a brat and I totally did that day. All because of my insecurities. I have no pictures of our family at the beach for our first family vacation because I thought I was too fat. I thought I wasn't good enough. 

That makes me sad.

This year, even though I don't have abs or toned arms, I'm choosing to walk out on that beach with confidence. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks because all that matters is what I think. 

I happen to think I rock. I think I have put in a shit-ton of work since January to get where I am today. I think even though my eating sucks sometimes, I do pretty damn well most of the time. This is coming from the girl who used to stand and eat in the kitchen when everyone else was in bed and when sneaking a bite of strawberry cake meant eating most of it, then trying to shamefully hide the evidence by throwing the rest away so Cody wouldn't know how much I ate. 

My eating may suck for a few days but I haven't fallen off the wagon. I'm taking small steps. Today, I woke up and said to myself- self, you're totally going to rock your eating today. 

...and I have.

I'm choosing to be happy and take small steps. Just because I've had a few bad meals doesn't mean it's over. It means that I just need to push a little harder, think a little more positively, and make better decisions. 



post signature

5 comments:

Samantha Ciaccio said...

You do rock! Rock that bikini girl...you have worked hard and it shows! Confidence is sexy!! :)

Taylor LeMay said...

Youre amazing and I love your mental transformation - youre doing this right - choosing happiness is always the right way to go :) Have the best time!!

Dana Renee said...

What an awesome outlook to have! Something anyone looking to make positive lifestyle changes should strive for (myself included!) Enjoy every second of your vacation =)

-Dana Renee danareneestyle.com

Ace Herrera said...

So happy you're choosing happy. Because you're BEAUTIFUL. And happy girls are always the most beautiful. Now go out there, drink some margaritas and have a damn good time! Because you deserve it, sista!

Love youuuu!
Ace

Ace Herrera said...

So happy you're choosing happy. Because you're BEAUTIFUL. And happy girls are always the most beautiful. Now go out there, drink some margaritas and have a damn good time! Because you deserve it, sista!

Love youuuu!
Ace