Thursday, June 20, 2013

Our Wedding

button
I'm linking up with Holly and Mel today. Who doesn't love to talk about their own wedding? I love me some weddings, so I'll be reading every one's stories. 



Cody and I got engaged after 7 months. We literally had family asking after the first month when we were going to get married. My grandma said "You better marry that boy. If you don't, I will." Awesome, grandma.

Here's all the lovely details: 
I wanted to get married in Vegas and he said I'd regret "not having a real wedding." I told him to hire a wedding planner because I wasn't planning it. I was told several times, I was the most relaxed bride ever. Even when there were tornado warnings and my drunk groom hadn't made it back to his parents house the night before the wedding, I was calm. I didn't really care too much about the way things looked. I could've walked down the aisle in a potato sack. I just wanted to marry that boy. 

Date: April 24

Location: Barron's on 5th. The wedding was outside on the front steps and the reception was an indoor/outdoor dance with about 250 of our favorite people boozing it up and dancing to Kimberly Kelly.



Bridal Party: We had 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen, 3 ushers, 2 ring bearer's, and 1 flower girl. 






Colors: Purple with silver accent. It was kind of a vintage feel. My mother-in-law wanted me to ride in on a horse and carriage. Not my style. I rode in, in my grandpa's Shelby Mustang. All the bouquets were wrapped with my grandma's lace wedding dress.







First Dance: I Thought I Loved You Then by Brad Paisley


Honeymoon: A week in Lake Tahoe. I wanted the beach. He wanted the mountains. We compromised and got the beach and the mountains. Although, I need a do-over because it was still freezing in May! It was gorgeous though. Lake Tahoe is one of our most favorite places in the world.


What Would I Change: Absolutely nothing. I'm not planning that shit.




post signature

11 comments:

Sarah said...

All of your pictures are so pretty! Beautiful wedding!

Toya said...

Hey lady!!! Loved all your pics we are twins!!! Im having 8 bmaids and my colors are purple and grey!!!

Lori Filipiak said...

You were such a beautiful bride!! Such a gorgeous wedding!

Samantha Ciaccio said...

Grandma was right ;) You looked stunning in your dress and absolutely happy as can be!

Niccicola said...

HAHA I wouldn't do mine over again for the same reason-I don't want to plan a wedding again...and I didn't even plan mine, I let my Mom take over! :) Congratulations!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

beautiful

Jessi said...

I love this! Not only did you have a beautiful wedding, but you are HILARIOUS! This is my first time stopping by your blog, but it won't be my last!

Danielle @ eating running living said...

My wedding song was a Brad Paisley song as well- he has so many great ones, it was hard to choose! Awesome photos!

Loveandcrayons said...

OMG, I love where you got married! It looks so beautiful! You looked amazing! And how sweet to have the bouquets wrapped in your grandmas dress, I love that idea!

Alicia said...

Beautiful wedding!

Holly said...

Shelly! I love the purple and the old getaway car!!